Our crew is set for the 2017 season. Feel free to be in touch about a position for 2018.
These apprenticeships are intense, physically demanding, educational positions that cover the full spectrum of life on the farm.
What We Look For
- Enthusiasm, open-mindedness, and a highly positive attitude
- Attention to detail and ability to follow directions closely
- Outdoor physical work experience (eg. farming, landscaping, etc)
- Demonstrated interest in organic farming and community living
What We Offer
- Experience living as part of a diversified farm
- Veggies, eggs, and meat from the farm
- Accommodations in the newly renovated 200+ year old farmhouse
- Weekly lectures and discussions on relevant farm topics
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of farm practices, including:
• soil husbandry
• seed propagation and transplanting
• no-till vegetable field management
• crop rotation
• cover cropping and green manures
• irrigation design and management
• harvesting and post-harvest handling
• pastured poultry management
• meat poultry processing
• forage-based pig management
• firewood harvesting and splitting
• direct marketing and customer relations
• basic carpentry skills and use of power tools
- A monthly stipend commensurate with experience
We require a commitment for the full season, early April to Thanksgiving.
Please apply through MOFGA's Farm Apprenticeship website. Frith Farm's reference number is CUM-18. Feel free to email Daniel your application directly or call (207)730-9077 with any questions.